Harpenden Complementary Health (HCH) provides information about local Complementary Health Practitioners and their services in Harpenden and surrounding areas. All Full members of the Group are fully qualified and insured.
If you are new to complementary therapies and not sure which may help with your ailment, please scroll down this page to the bottom where you’ll find a therapy matrix table. Once you’ve found in the matrix the ailment that best matches your problem, you will find a selection of therapies that are particularly helpful for that issue.
All our Practitioners are approachable, empathetic professionals who understand the importance of client confidentiality. They would be delighted to answer any questions you may have and are encouraged to refer clients to another Practitioner if they feel it would be of benefit. There is a wide choice of therapies available and some treatments are more suitable for a particular condition than others.
Many of our Complementary Therapies are approved NHS therapies, used every day in hospitals and hospices, and some patients are being referred to Practitioners by their doctors.
The Group also provides support for its members in the form of meetings and talks on a range of subjects. Many meetings are open to the public providing an opportunity for local people to get to know Practitioners. See our Events page for information on future events and talks.
- Offer members of the public, the media and caring professions the opportunity to deal with highly respected, professional Complementary Health Practitioners through – Direct contacts; Interviews; Health Fairs; Press Releases; Demonstrations and Taster Days.
- Provide a forum for Practitioners to exchange views and expertise
- Encourage referrals to Complementary Health Practitioners
- Explore the possibility of establishing a ‘Centre for Complementary Therapies’ in the area
Group Secretary: Suzanne Biggart on 01582 767864
By their very title Complementary Therapies can assist with ailments and are not intended to circumvent essential conventional medical diagnosis which must be a first step.
To use this matrix:
- Firstly identify your particular problem by consulting the therapy matrix below.
- Identify the therapy you require.
- Locate a local practitioner from the information provided.
- Make contact by telephone, e-mail or website address.